Whether you’re aware of it or not, customers create an immense trove of data with every visit. Compiled and examined effectively, that data provides insights that can lead to vastly improved engagement and satisfaction. However, if you’re not aware of the ways in which you can manipulate that data to draw conclusions, you’re missing out on all kinds of opportunities to improve business functionality as well as customer satisfaction.
Here are some not-so-visible ways customers provide relevant information:
- Various data streams – POS, accounting, inventory, social media can be tied together and analyzed as a whole, creating a more personalized view of how your restaurant is performing both with customers and externally.
- Precisely track menu data to discover better combinations, promotional opportunities, and replaceable items.
- Ex. Let’s say your 12 oz ribeye is often ordered with a glass of cabernet sauvignon. Promote a steak and wine special with a mid-level bottle to encourage more drink orders. Customers may order an additional glass if they feel they’re getting a better deal with the first.
- Enhance guest experiences using feedback and insights from loyalty programs, social media, recent interactions and more.
- Create more opportunities for engagement by having easily accessible data: birthday promotions, special offers, coupon plans and more.
This list is by no means finite. With the ever-changing technology bubbling up across restaurants nation-wide, there are soon to be all kinds of new information sources to improve customer satisfaction and overall operations. Take advantage of the opportunity presented to you with customer information. Learn how Decision Logic gives you the power to to increase customer retention, control spend and successfully manage labor.